Five Tips About HIV/STI Testing
The Wellness Center provides free testing services to all throughout the week. Before you make an appointment though, here are four tips to consider:
- Been exposed to HIV? If potential exposure occurred within the last 72 hours, please visit any medical emergency room and request PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis).
- Window of 21 Days: We request 21 days between your last possible exposure and the date of your appointment in order to maintain test accuracy.
- Diagnosis & Treatment: While testers cannot diagnose or treat any symptoms, we can help connect you to a queer-affirming physician for assistance. That’s if you don’t have one already.
- Urine Testing: Some STI testing will be completed through urine testing.
- Have symptoms or a confirmed case of an STI? Contact the STD clinic at (206) 744-3590 or their health provider.
STI testing services include Rapid HIV Testing (finger poke), HIV antibody testing, and screening for syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and Hep C.
Our diverse team of testers will welcome you with a warm spirit, providing the peer advocacy and affirming care you seek; sometimes a little humor for a refreshing experience. Testers can help address any questions you have, or provide guidance on a sexual health plan and other resources that fit you.
For more than 20 years, Gay City has curated a listing of affirming resources, some that are by and for the LGBTQ community, to create access for you to find joy through accessible and equitable care. The listing includes support from affirming lawyers to affirming housing in Seattle and across the nation.
So, what are the next steps? You decide.
If you have more questions about our testing services and resources, we’re here for you. Contact us today at email@example.com or 206-860-6969 ext. 2. Should you contact us outside of office hours, just leave a message and we will return your call within 24-48 hours.