Advertising and Promotion
LGBTQ+ Research Studies
Below you’ll find opportunities to participate in research on or for LGBTQ+ communities. Participating in research is a great way to give back and help advance knowledge of LGBTQ+ people and our culture, health, and well-being. Some studies may even compensate you for your involvement. Please note that Gay City does not endorse nor verify the information included (see Disclaimer below).
Community Advisory Board
Become a member of a Community Advisory Board for a study on sexual health and HIV Prevention among trans and non-binary people and their partners in Seattle & King County, WA. You’ll earn a $75 gift card for each meeting!
You’re eligible if you:
- Identify as transgender, non-binary, genderqueer, two-spirit, third gender or not cisgener
- Are 18 years or older
- Live in Seattle or King County, WA.
Submit Your Study
The Gay City Community Study Submission Form provides government departments, community groups and organizations with a notable presence on social media and/or web site exhibiting LGBTQ+ affirming messaging to submit studies that will be viewable to the public.
Gay City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this Study Submission Policy.
Study Submission Policy
Studies must be submitted at least two weeks (business weeks) prior to the preferred posting date to allow for review and follow up questions, if necessary.
You must include how the event addresses one of the social determinants of health.
Studies must not contain any of the following content:
- Profane language or content;
- Content that perpetuates discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, race, national origin, physical or mental disability, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that could compromise the safety or security of an individual or group
- Violate any copyright
- Promote violent or unsafe behaviors, including bullying/harassment;
- Promote disinformation;
- Spam or repetitive phrases to fill in the study description;
- No nudity in accompanying/featured images
Studies related to sexual health must be sex and body positive. Any reports of a study shaming community will be removed and denied in the future.
Ongoing Study Length
Ongoing studies will be accepted up to a year out from the date of the study’s submission.
Studies accepted must center the LGBTQ+ community.
Study Submitter Information
All study submitters must clearly identify themselves in their submissions and include contact information: organization name/primary individual and website URL, email address or phone number. Anonymous posting of studies shall not be allowed.