Advertising and Promotion
LGBTQ+ Research Studies
Below you’ll find opportunities to participate in research on or for LGBTQ+ communities. Participating in research is a great way to give back and help advance knowledge of LGBTQ+ people and our culture, health, and well-being. Some studies may even compensate you for your involvement. Please note that Gay City does not endorse nor verify the information included (see Disclaimer below).
UW Medical Center - Montlake, UW medical Center - Montlake, Seattle, Washington 98195
Submit Your Study
Please submit your study by filling out our “event submission” form and be sure to:
- Select “Research Studies” for the category
- Use today’s date or the date that you will begin collecting data (whichever is later) as the “start date”
- Use the date that you will conclude data collection as the “end date”
After review and approval, your study will be shown on this page. We would love to see the results of the study after they are published or presented; please email us at [email protected] when those results are available. Thank you!
Study Submission Policy
Please expect that it may take up to two weeks for us to review and approve your study.
Studies must not contain any of the following content:
- Profane language or content;
- Content that perpetuates discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, race, national origin, physical or mental disability, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that could compromise the safety or security of an individual or group
- Violate any copyright
- Promote violent or unsafe behaviors, including bullying/harassment;
- Promote disinformation;
- Spam or repetitive phrases to fill in the study description;
- No nudity in accompanying/featured images
Studies related to sexual health must be sex and body positive. Any reports of a study shaming community will be removed and denied in the future.
Ongoing Study Length
Ongoing studies will be accepted up to a year out from the conclusion of data collection for the study.
Studies accepted must center the LGBTQ+ community.
Study Submitter Information
All study submitters must clearly identify themselves in their submissions and include contact information: organization name/primary individual and website URL, email address or phone number. Anonymous posting of studies shall not be allowed.