Co-Chair: Whitney Thoren, Learning and Development, Zillow Group
Co-Chair: Brian Davis, Administrative Assistant, UW Center for Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Treasurer: Greg Gibson, Vice President of Strategy and Innovation, Capitol Hill Housing
Secretary: Peter Mann-King, Quality Program Manager, Swedish Medical Center
Christopher Freeman, VP / Financial Analysis & Accounting Manager
Dominick Minotti, MS, MD, MPH, Retired, Clinical Professor, UW School of Medicine
Erwin Saenz, Community Engagement Officer, Cocoon House
Fred Swanson, Executive Director, Gay City
Janell Jordan, King County Program Quality Manager, School’s Out Washington
Join the Gay City Board Today!
As community volunteers, board members use their diverse perspectives, experiences, and identities to inform and promote the organization. Board members are expected to fully lead and participate in fundraising, community outreach activities, and strategic planning to ensure the financial stability of the agency. They are generous to the fullest extent they can be, not just with financial contributions, but with their time, leadership, energy and community/ network connections. They truly champion the organization. The Gay City board members are deeply committed to reflecting the multicultural and intersectional identities that make up Seattle’s LGBTQ community. We hold this to be just as important as professional skills as the Board prioritizes membership for those most underrepresented in our community to center and uplift those voices in our work.
To serve the board as a voting member; to inform organizational vision, development of community and donor relationships, and procedures and regulations for the operation of Gay City: Seattle’s LGBTQ Center. Board members are legally, financially and ethically responsible to ensure the organization’s mission.
- Attend and actively participate in board meetings, as scheduled
- Join and actively attend committee meetings, as determined by the committee
- Attend and actively participate in board retreats, in-service workshops and other board development activities, as scheduled
- Attend and participate in Gay City events, as scheduled
- Establish a strategy that leads Gay City into the future.
- Establish the annual budget and monitor the organization’s finances
- Agree to follow the operating agreements, protocols for engagement and participation asks, and to do my best at either fulfilling or otherwise communicating any barriers to meet my commitments
- Serve on a minimum of one committee (Development, Connections and Mission and Governance)
- Review agenda items prior to meetings
- Contribute skills, knowledge and experience where appropriate
- Listen respectfully to other points of view and follow the board’s agreed-upon operating commitments
- Be prepared and open to learning and growing
- Represent the organization to the public and recruit new board members
- Financially support the organization by contributing in a personally meaningful level
- Meets with and cultivates relationships with donors
How to apply