Position AnnouncementTitle: Bilingual (Spanish) HIV/STI Tester
Hours: Non-Exempt, 35-40 hours per week (weekend and evening hours required)
Reports to: Director of Health Services
Application Deadline: open until filled
This position is responsible for providing quality sexual health related counseling and HIV/STI testing in an engrossing environment. You will be providing test results and education around safer sex. Gay City uses asset-based counseling techniques and applies a social justice lens to testing and LGBTQ health and wellness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide non-judgmental and culturally competent sexual health information and resources.
- Assess the level of risk in each client and determine appropriate screenings and/or referrals.
- Deliver positive results with compassion.
- Complete charting and any other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provide outreach testing for community partners throughout Seattle including Capitol Hill’s two bathhouses.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Keep current on e-mails and any changes in protocol.
- Protect the confidentiality of clients.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS-impacted communities, including health promotion and HIV prevention.
- Demonstrated ability to serve all segments of the LGBTQ communities and culture, especially mindfulness and respect with regard to people’s pronouns.
- Knowledge and familiarity of issues impacting Queer and Trans communities with demonstrated ability to apply a lens of intersectionality, particularly with regard to race, class, gender, age, and ability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to use sound judgment to determine the appropriate course(s) of action in complex interpersonal situations.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and committed to delivering quality customer service.
- Friendly, engaging presence with an ability to establish and maintain close collegial working relationships both internally and externally.
- Established ability to maintain a high level of production while working independently.
- General proficiency with computers and ability to learn new software.
- Evening and weekend availability required.
- Knowledge of social services for LGBTQ communities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
- Medical Phlebotomy license (Gay City will provide the necessary training if applicant does not already have a license).
Please submit resumes by:
● Email email@example.com Subject line: Application for Bilingual HIV/STI Tester,
● In person at Gay City’s main office at 517 E. Pike St., Seattle, WA.
Be sure to specify what position you are applying for.