Urine Testing & Specimen Collection
Gay City proudly offers you self-administered urine testing for two STIs: Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. Self-collected urine tests provide a less invasive method for testing – no blood samples or swabs to be inserted into your body.
All results will be available to clients within two weeks through the online testing results portal.
Urine STI Testing Steps
1. Wash your hands
2. Collect the first 20-30 mL of your urine stream in the urine collection cup. Collecting the first-stream of urine is important.
Urine Collection Cup
3. Remove the cap of your Transport Tube and pour 2 mL of urine into the transport tube using the pipette, so that the fluid level falls between the two black lines on the Transport Tube label.
4. Re-cap the Transport Tube tightly.
5. Pour the remaining contents of the urine collection cup into the toilet, and dispose of the cup and pipette in the trash.
6. Return to your tester with your Transport Tube.
You must be logged in to post a comment.