For more than 15 years, Gay City: Seattle’s LGBTQ Center has worked on initiatives to address tobacco prevention for LGBTQ folks throughout Washington state, and advocated with other community groups for a meaningful investment in a comprehensive response to youth tobacco use and vaping.
Tobacco use remains the leading cause of preventable death in the country, and high school e-cigarette use is at an epidemic level, increasing 78% year-over-year.* Those most likely to be affected include youth of color and LGBTQ youth, whose rates of smoking far outpace any other groups.
- FDA Commits to Evidence-Based Actions Aimed at Saving Lives and Preventing Future Generations of Smokers
- *FDA Youth Tobacco information
- Surgeon General’s Advisory on E-cigarette Use Among
- How Does Washington State Measure Up?
- Tobacco Free Kids State Report
- Tobacco Prevention and Control infographic
For questions about Youth Tobacco Prevention, please email [email protected].