Observing Trans Awareness Week &
Trans Day of Remembrance
Share Your Art or Performance Art
This year in observation of Trans Day of Remembrance (November 20) and Transgender Awareness Week (November 13-19), Gay City: Seattle’s LGBTQ Center wants to amplify artwork by Trans & Gender Diverse community members.
What is Trans Day of Remembrance?
Trans Day of Remembrance (TDOR) is an annual observance on Nov. 20 honoring the memories of victims of anti-transgender violence.
What is Trans Awareness Week?
Trans Awareness Week is a week (November 13-19) dedicated to raising awareness of trans people and the issues they face in our society.
How can I get involved?
We invite community members to send us artwork or tag us in the original content on social media, relating to various issues facing trans people. Gay City will share out the artwork and tag the artist if they wish.
This is an opportunity to memorialize victims, draw attention to specific issues, and also spread joy, creativity, and resilience.
Artwork can be made specifically for the occasion, or you may use this as an opportunity to share existing work, so long as it relates to TDOR or trans visibility and awareness.
What should I create?
That’s up to you, as long as it relates to trans awareness or trans day of visibility in some way. You could memorialize trans victims of violence, bring awareness to a specific issue, teach us something, etc.
The format could be a video, poem, graphic, article, painting, drawing, etc.
In order to keep everyone safe due to COVID-19, all artwork must be submitted digitally and will be shared on social media.
How do I submit my artwork?
- Upload into your cloud storage in high resolution and email a link to firstname.lastname@example.org by along with the following suggested information:
– Your name/artist alias (or anonymous):
– Caption/description of work:
– Social media handle (if you would like to be tagged):
– Link to where we can access the work:
- Upload work to social media and use the hashtags #GayCity #TransDayOfRemembrance #TransgenderAwarenessWeek, tag or message us @gaycity and we will repost it from there.
If you have any questions or need assistance, email us at email@example.com or message @gaycity on Instagram and Facebook.
TDOR Art Campaign Instructions: Download
Mon., Nov. 16:
Tues., Nov. 17:
*Hosted by UTOPIA
**Hosted by Ingersoll Gender Center