GAY CITY OPERATIONS SHIFT DURING COVID-19 UNCERTAINTY
Seattle, WA – Updated August 3, 2020 – In response to the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) health advisory, Gay City’s operations will be shifting starting Tuesday, Mar. 10, until further notice.
We ask that individuals who are over 60, feeling sick, have a compromised immune system, or are extremely uncomfortable (e.g. fearful of virus contraction) to remain at home and care for yourselves.
We are using best practices from King County Public Health and Washington State Department of Health:
- Symptoms: If you have virus symptoms, please contact your primary physician, visit a COVID-19 testing site, or request a self-test kit. Do not go to the emergency room.
- Confirmed Contact with Virus: Contact your health care provider and King County Novel Coronavirus Call Center at 206-477-3977.
For the latest updates and best practices for coronavirus prevention, click here.
To view a pledge from Gay City and fellow LGBTQ organizations nationwide, click here.
Temporary Operating Hours for Gay City
Gay City’s temporary operating hours will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m..
Below you will find information to describe how this will affect our various programs and services:
- Any clients who are sick or feel an illness approaching, please see your primary physician prior to scheduling an appointment or wait for negative results following a COVID-19 test.
- Wellness Center (HIV/STI Testing and PrEP Services): Services are available Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday from 11:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Clients may still schedule appointments at gaycity.org/Appointments.
- Results Line: Observing normal business hours at (206) 267-1938 – Tuesdays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Click here to view your results online as well.
- Out of the Closet Thrift Stores HIV/STI Testing Services: Closed
- Bathhouse and U.T.O.P.I.A. testing: Postponed until further notice.
- For PEP services, clients should still seek out the nearest emergency room and request the medication.
- Healthcare Navigation/Enrollment: Virtual only.
Community Engagement Services
- Resource Center: Closed, but the resource referral phone line remains available Monday through Friday from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (206) 323-LGBT. Resources are also available online at gaycity.org/Resources.
- Library: Closed, but the book drop remains open.
- ORCA LIFT Enrollment: Virtual only.
- Training & Technical Assistance: Virtual only.
- All space rentals have been suspended until the stay at home order is lifted.