GAY CITY OPERATIONS SHIFT DURING COVID-19 UNCERTAINTY
We are using best practices from King County Public Health and Washington State Department of Health:
- Symptoms: If you have virus symptoms, please contact your primary physician, visit a COVID-19 testing site, or request a self-test kit. Do not go to the emergency room.
- Confirmed Contact with Virus: Contact your health care provider and King County Novel Coronavirus Call Center at 206-477-3977.
- Vaccine Information: For access to COVID-19 and vaccine information, visit gaycity.org/Coronavirus.
For the latest updates and best practices for coronavirus prevention, click here.
To view a pledge from Gay City and fellow LGBTQ organizations nationwide, click here.
Temporary Operating Hours for Gay City
Gay City’s temporary operating hours will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m..
Below you will find information to describe how this will affect our various programs and services:
- Any clients who are sick or feel an illness approaching, please see your primary physician prior to scheduling an appointment or wait for negative results following a COVID-19 test.
- We ask that individuals over 60, feeling sick, have a compromised immune system, or extremely uncomfortable (e.g. fearful of virus contraction) without the two-shot vaccine remain at home and care for themselves.
- Wellness Center (HIV/STI Testing and PrEP Services): Services are available Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday from 11:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. People may schedule appointments in person at Gay City or online at gaycity.org/Appointments.
- Results Line: Observing normal business hours at (206) 267-1938 – Tuesdays from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and Thursdays from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Click here to view your results online as well.
- Bathhouse and U.T.O.P.I.A. testing: Postponed until further notice.
- For PEP services, clients should still seek out the nearest emergency room and request the medication.
- Healthcare Navigation/Enrollment: Virtual only. To schedule an appointment online, click here. You may also schedule an appointment at Gay City.
Community Engagement Services
- Resource Center: Closed, but the resource referral phone line remains available Monday through Friday from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (206) 323-LGBT. Resources are also available online at gaycity.org/Resources.
- Library: Closed, but the book drop remains open.
- ORCA LIFT Enrollment: Virtual only. Schedule an appointment at Gay City or online.
- Training & Technical Assistance: Virtual only. To request a training, click here.
- All space rentals have been suspended until the stay at home order is lifted.