Gay City Operations Shift During COVID-19 Uncertainty
Seattle, WA – MARCH 10, 2020 – In response to the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) health advisory, Gay City’s operations will be shifting starting Tuesday, Mar. 10, until further notice.
We ask that individuals who are over 60, feeling sick, have a compromised immune system, or are extremely uncomfortable (e.g. fearful of virus contraction) to remain at home and care for yourselves.
We are using best practices from King County Public Health and Washington State Department of Health:
- Symptoms: If you have virus symptoms, please contact your primary physician. Do not go to the emergency room.
- Confirmed Contact with Virus: Contact your health care provider and King County Novel Coronavirus Call Center at 206-477-3977.
For the latest updates and best practices for coronavirus prevention, click here.
To view a pledge from Gay City and fellow LGBTQ organizations nationwide, click here.
Temporary Operating Hours for Gay City
Gay City’s temporary operating hours will be Tuesdays and Fridays from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Below you will find information to describe how this will affect our various programs and services:
- Wellness Center (HIV/STI Testing and PrEP Services): Operations Tuesdays and Fridays 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays 12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Clients may still schedule appointments at gaycity.org/Appointments.
- We ask that only those who have HIV/STI symptoms schedule appointments due to mandatory reduced hours.
- Any clients who are sick or feel an illness approaching, please see your primary physician prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Results Line: Observing normal business hours at (206) 267-1938 – Tuesdays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Out of the Closet Thrift Stores HIV/STI Testing Services: Postponed until further notice
- Bathhouse and U.T.O.P.I.A. testing: Postponed until further notice.
- For PEP services, clients should still seek out the nearest emergency room and request the medication.
- Healthcare Navigation/Enrollment: Special Enrollment is available through April 8. All appointments will be handled virtually (by phone and video conferencing only) until further notice. Scheduled clients will be made aware of changing availability.
Community Engagement Services
- Resource Center: Closed, but the resource referral phone line remains available Tuesday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at (206) 323-LGBT. Resources are also available online at gaycity.org/Resources.
- Library: Closed, but the book drop will remain open.
- ORCA LIFT Enrollment: All appointments will be handled virtually (by phone and video conferencing only).
- Training & Technical Assistance: Will be handled virtually (by video conferencing only).
- All space rentals have been canceled through.
- Community Outreach Events: Gay City is canceling appearances at all in-person events.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-860-6969.